Date founded: 2003
Association Objectives. The purposes for which the Association was formed are as follows:
- To provide networking opportunities between business and professional people within the Maltese-Australian Community in Victoria
- To organise meetings of Maltese-Australian business and professional persons to enable the exchange of information and mutual interests
- To aim for, and maintain, high ethical standards in the professional and business sectors
- To encourage participation in trade and other activities, expositions locally, nationally and internationally, where practical, pooling resources
Committee Elections. Elections are held every year in November.
Committee Members for 2010/11
President Damien Digby
Secretary/Vice President Jo Spiteri
Asst Secretary Vito Amore
Treasurer Alfred Chircop
Asst Treasurer Eric Gauci
Public Relations Officer Greg Hearn
Asst Public Relations Officer Mary Galea
Committee Member Alexander Attard
Committee Member Charles Digby
Membership. Professional or business persons, business owners, managers or executives and persons who are retired from the above activities are eligible to join the Association. To become a member complete a Membership form and forward it to the Secretary for approval. Once approved, the Secretary will inform applicant if the application is successful with 28 days. A request for payment of membership fee of $50 (annual membership fee) is made and due within 28 days.
Newsletter. The Association produces a quarterly newsletter which is circulated to its members.
Events. The Association holds the following events:
- Quarterly (March, June, September & December): Networking Night
- July/August: End Of Financial Year Function/Dinner
- November: Annual General Meeting
- December: Christmas Party