Postal address: c/o 63 Victoria Street, Doncaster, Victoria, 3108
Date founded: 1956
The purposes for which the Association was formed are:
- to bring together ex-services members,
- to celebrate national festivities within the Australian context,
- to liaise with similar associations within Australia,
- to provide social activities for its members, and
- to raise money to make donations for patriotic, charitable or community purposes.
The Association was formed in 1956 mainly through the efforts of Major Michael Vella, DSO and Charles Madiona. After a period where it was inactive, it was re-formed in 1978 through the interest of Emmanuel Bugeja, Major Michael Vella and Nicholas Chircop. It became affiliated with the MCCV in 1958, as one of its original founding affiliated associations.
Among the current activities organised by the Association are the celebration of special commemorative days, including the ANZAC Day March to the Shrine of Remembrance on April 25, the award of the George Cross to Malta, the formation of a guard of honour at Our Lady of Victories church services, and, from time to time, social functions for its members and their friends.
Elections are held every year in November.
President: Joseph Stafrace
Secretary: Joseph Stafrace
Treasurer: Alfred Farrugia
Members: Guy Deguara, Joe Montebello, Luke Bresoilin
Originally the Association’s membership was restricted to veterans of World War II and any other conflict. However, due to the ageing membership of the Association, it has been opened to anybody mainly of Maltese descent. To join, contact the President Joseph Stafrace. Membership fee is $10 for an individual and $15 for a couple or family.
The Association produces a quarterly newsletter which is sent to all members.
The Association holds the following annual activities and events:
- April (Sunday closest to 15th): The George Cross Commemorative Church Service and wreath laying at George Cross Memorial
- 25 April: ANZAC Day March
- 11 November: Remembrance Day Church Service